The Construction Insurance and Risk Education (CIRE) curriculum and certification program is a broad and extensive review of commercial and residential construction insurance for agents that wish to serve that market. A CIRE certification will be earned by successfully completing the curriculum and will be granted by the NationWide Contractors Alliance. This is in addition to the twenty-three (23) hours of continuing education (CE) credits reported to your state. Agency groups should consider CIRE for training any Producers working with the Construction Industry.
Topics covered include:
- General Liability in Construction
- Commercial and Personal Auto for Contractors
- Pollution and Professional Liability
- Property and Inland Marine for Contractors
- Cyber and Smart Home Liability
- Directors and Officers Coverage
- Construction Bonding and Surety
- Work Comp and Employers Liability
We offer the curriculum two ways.
Self-study approved for Insurance continuing education in these states:
AL, AR, AZ, CO, IA, MD, MO, NE, NV, NC, ND, OR, TN, WI, WV
Access a self study package of videos which you can view at your convenience for a period of one year. There are two exams that will need to be passed in order to earn the CIRE certification and the insurance CE credit.
Webinars approved for Insurance continuing education in these states:
AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DE, IA, LA, ME, MD, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NV, OK, OR, TN, TX, WA, WI, WV
If you choose live webinars, the curriculum is presented as a series of six webinars, each approximately four hours long. Webinars will be offered on both the second Thursday of the month at 9:00 a.m. CT as well as on the last Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. CT. You can take the webinars in any order, though we do recommend taking General Liability in Construction Part 1 before you take Part 2.
Here is a schedule of when upcoming CIRE courses will be offered via webinar:
- General Liability in Construction Part 1 – Nov 30
- General Liability in Construction Part 2 – Dec 28th
- Pollution and Auto Coverage for Contractors – Oct 14th & Jan 25th
- Property and Inland Marine in Construction – Nov 11th
- Directors and Officers and Bonding in Construction – Sept 28th & Dec 9th
- Work Comp for Contractors & Smart Home Liability and Cyber – October 26th & Jan 13th
Additional Dates will be added in 2022. Attendance is taken in each webinar and is required for CE credit and CIRE certification. No exam is required for CIRE certification or CE credit.
Prepayment is required for all six CIRE sessions. You can start with any topic because after you complete the first webinar, you will be emailed an invitation to join the next session. If unable to attend, participants will be allowed to sit in on a subsequent webinar to make up the material missed.
Begin with General Liability in Construction, Part 1 (CIRE), Nov 30
Begin with Property and Inland Marine in Construction (CIRE), November 11:
Begin with General Liability in Construction, Part 2 (CIRE), December 28
Begin with Directors and Officers and Bonding in Construction (CIRE), September 28
Begin with Pollution and Auto Coverage for Contractors (CIRE), October 14
Begin with Work Comp for Contractors and Smart Home Liability (CIRE), October 26: